Background

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Not Quite a Big Boy

We have been very busy preparing for Hadley. Cleaning and organizing are top priorities. We also have a home project that is keeping us busy which is a lot of fun! I am in my third trimester, exhausted, and a complete joy to be around. Honey, you can laugh now.

What’s up with Scotty?

He turned 20 months on July the 2nd. 

Scotty got promoted to Tadpole status at swim. From what I understand, this means that I don’t have to get in the water anymore. Whoo-hoo?! I am quite nervous about this. His first class starts next week. I hope we both do well!

Scotty has recently become quite obsessed with watching himself pee. Yes, maybe this is a boy thing, but every time we do a diaper change, Scotty will bear down, get red faced, fists clutched and well watch himself pee…He finds it fantastic! He also loves to aim for the drain hole in the shower. After any type of bath we have to immediately get him dry and diapered. Otherwise, we are running behind him wiping up pee as he is squatting in various places. I feel like I have a new puppy or something! So thankful for tile floors! Some say maybe he is ready to start potty training. While this may be true, I don’t think I am ready for that hurdle yet. We will probably buy a little potty for him soon and just begin to discuss it. To add to this interest in peeing we also love to toot and announce to everyone that we in fact tooted followed by a huge grin. This is definitely a BOY thing!

This weekend we also tried to transition Scotty into his big boy bed. Scotty completely refused. He got out 5 times only, but every other time he could not put himself to sleep. After two days of no naps, extremely bad behavior, fussiness, whining, a very moody, impatient, and tired momma, and a dad that was also very tired, we gave up and ended up buying a new mattress…a crib mattress that is. We decided that Scotty isn’t ready for a big boy bed. If I wasn’t SO pregnant and tired, and at home where I could work with Scotty more I think this might work, but that is not the case. There are a lot of changes going on including a new sibling, new room, and school. We plan to put his crib in his new room. We love Scotty and want him to be happy to transition into a big boy bed when he is ready.

I don't comment much on the dogs, but they are still our little babies, and doing well. I feel so bad for them because they are bothered daily by a little boy.  Scotty definitely gets time out anytime he is ugly to the dogs. Dre' and Flip, I believe, love Monday through Wednesday so they can catch up on sleep!!!   Sorry sweet little boys!!

Enjoying the Bubbles 




XOXO,

The Zuehlke’s

No comments:

Post a Comment